Monday, April 15, 2013

Tips on Opening Your Own Intuition

I have good news for you, intuition is something that is innate in all of us! When I teach ThetaHealing, I am constantly reminding students that strengthening your intuition is just like strengthening a muscle. Just like we train our minds to play the piano and much like we train our muscles to dance or do a sport, we can become more intuitive with practice!

At the most basic level, intuition is a survival skill, it's what tells us to keep our distance from someone or someplace when walking down a dark street at night. Our feelings can be great signals of intuition. Fear, apprehension or conversely joy and excitement can give us clues about which way to turn in life. Perhaps surprisingly, we have all probably experienced premonition.  Have you ever thought of someone only to receive a phone call just after? I've had dreams before that played out the next day in detail. How about when you just know something? We just have to learn to trust our instincts. The more you pay attention to these occurrences, the more they will pop up! Below I offer some tips on tapping into your own intuition. 




Tips on Opening Your Intuition

1. Quiet the mind. Take a few minutes a day to meditate. The more we quiet the chatter, the easier our higher thoughts can come through. Fear based thinking blocks divine flow. When our ego is trying busy trying to figure a solution, our intuition is harder to hear. Taking time to quiet the mind and connect with your heart is essential. 

2. Listen. When I'm teaching people to see, hear or feel intuitively, I always warrant that generally your intuition is the very first thing that you get. Practice this by asking yourself a question, how does your inner voice respond? What is the first thing you hear? *Meditate first to quiet the mind*

3. Notice your instincts. Be aware during the day of how things make you feel. Your feelings are wonderful signals to your "knowing" self. Often clients will ask me for advice, only for me to ask them "how does it make you feel?" We know much more than we think!

4. Practice. I like to play games "testing" my intuition. When a text comes through or the phone rings, try to feel who it is before looking. Sometimes if I'm in yoga waiting for class to start, I'll see if I can "see" who's around me while my eyes are closed. Is it a male? Female? What color hair? Use your intuitive eye to "see" who's around!

Remember, we are all intuitive! 
It's just a muscle we have to strengthen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment